Trade fairs –
feel the beat of new
experiences and connections!
Trade fairs are a powerful channel for sales, marketing, and
meeting customers and partners. Find out why participating
in a trade fair is worthwhile – and check out the events organised
by members of the Association of Trade Fair and Event Organisers in Finland!
It pays to participate
Trade fairs are a true “social media” of new experiences and encounters – making them an exceptionally effective way to market and sell your product or service. The industry-specific target groups who attend these events are already open to your offer and messaging.
At a fair, you can reach your customers live and in-person, strengthen existing relationships, gather new leads and grow your network. Face-to-face meetings are powerful – even more so in today’s digital age. As live media, trade fairs also complement and support your digital marketing, lending a human face to e-commerce, for example.
Increase your sales directly or indirectly
- showcase your product or service
- build your brand
- strengthen customer relationships – and build new ones
- gather valuable customer feedback
- offer rich new experiences
- meet the media and influencers
- support retailer activities
- launch new products
- build a customer register
Trade fairs let you appeal to all your customers’ senses, leaving a stronger impression. In addition to your own stand, you’ll have access to the venue’s many opportunities for added visibility. You’ll also be able to meet your colleagues and keep up to date with what others in your sector are doing.
In Finland, fairs reach
Trade fairs promote business in Finland and abroad
Fairs and events play an important role in the Finnish economy. The events sector accounts for around 1.2% of Finland’s GDP, and fairs offer opportunities for companies to grow regionally, nationally and internationally.
According to a study commissioned by the Association of Trade Fair and Event Organisers, in 2021 the sector will have an employment impact of 1,425 person-years and a total economic impact of 105 million EUR for exhibition venues. The indirect impacts of the sector are significant, especially in the tourism and hospitality sector.
Trade fairs are also an economically important marketing and sales medium around the world. This was most recently demonstrated during the COVID-19 pandemic, when the decline in live events had a large impact on companies’ business. According to the UFI, the global trade fair industry contraction in 2020 caused exhibitors to lose as much as $330 billion in business. https://www.ufi.org/
Research data on trade fairs
Check out the links below to find trade fair facts and inspiration to support your participation.
- Elinkeinoelämän tutkimuslaitos ETLA’s report: The Role of the Event Industry in the Finnish Economy.
- Messujärjestö UFI’s (The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry) research data.
- UFI’s post-pandemic review of global trade
- UFI’s Global Exhibition Barometer 2022.
- Tapahtumayritys Lyyti’s Event Management System and researches.
- Media Audit Finland’s trade fair statistics.
- Kantar TNS’ consumer survey of trade fair customers (In Finnish).
- Tapahtumateollisuus ry’s industry research 2000, part 1 (In Finnish).