The Association of Trade Fair and Event Organisers in Finland ( former The Finnish Union of Trade Fair Organisers ) was established in 1996 in order to improve the general operating conditions of the business and promote the co-operation between trade fair companies. The founding members of the union are Suomen Messut Osuuskunta, Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd, Turku Fair Center Ltd, Lahden Messut Oy, Jyväskylän Messut Oy and Pohjois-Suomen Messut r.y. The members of the Association are committed to sharing reliable media information on their events.
Professional, established trade fair organisers in Finland can apply for membership.
- Attend to the general and common interests of entrepreneurs in the trade fair business
- Improve the general operating conditions in the business and promote the co-operation between trade fair companies
- Develop trade fairs as a marketing media
- Improve the safety of visitors and exhibitors by standardising visitor and exhibitor identification
- Advise exhibitors and support training and research in the business